Friday, January 26, 2007

Back in the USA

Just got back from Alajuelita - a neighborhood of San Jose, Costa Rica - Wednesday evening. A group of six people from central Illinois and Missouri went to work on a small mission church in the midst of the barrio. For some of us it was returning to friends we hadn't seen for a while and three others were experiencing the trip for the first time. There was hard work, plenty of laughs (even while working), and some time to see the natural, physical beauty of God's creation.

There always seems to be something that is amiss when you get back and this time was no different. All three of our kids have the flu and one of my aquariums developed major problems while I was away. No worries though - Eili and Aiden have recovered fully, Graeme isn't far behind, and the fish complications are curable.

I'll post more about the trip as I peruse my journal. Right now, preparations have to be made for Sunday!

1 comment:

Kathie said...

I hadn't checked your journal for awhile. We've so glad you are back, safe and sound, and that the kids are getting better! See you tomorrow.